I knew they were coming, I could hear their shoes marching closer to the hiding spot. At that moment, regret entered my head, a flashback led me to when I finally persuaded my wife to keep the gold “But where will we hide it?”, instead of giving it to the King as we were commanded so. I thought I knew what I was doing but I guess not. Before I knew it I was being dragged out of the tree and the gold slipped from my grip. All I could think about was… what was going to happen next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
100wc Week 12
“BEEP, BEEP, BEEP”. Ugh I groan in misery. It’s monday morning. A school day. Leaping out of bed, quickly getting dressed, I hurried o...
-
I knew they were coming, I could hear their shoes marching closer to the hiding spot. At that moment, regret entered my head, a flashback ...
-
It’s been confirmed. Fred Dagg the New Zealand- comedian's song ‘If it weren't for your gumboots’ sings the truth. Gumboots actually...
-
I hurried down to the lounge. Mum had called my name to look at the BREAKING NEWS on the tele. “BREAKING NEWS! Rags ‘sandwich’ Fly has b...
Hi Isabella,
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting idea. I like how you've set the mood and tone of the piece by you precise word choices. Try not to overuse commas; perhaps try to use semi-colons to link your ideas instead/as well. This has left me intrigued and with many questions: what happened to your wife? Did they find the gold in the tree too? What did happen to you? This is what a good piece of writing does, it makes you want to keep reading, it leaves you wanting more. Keep up the good work.